"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Give the following instructions to the people of Israel.
“When you arrive in the land where I am taking you, and you eat the crops that grow there, you must set some aside as a sacred offering to the Lord. Present a cake from the first of the flour you grind, and set it aside as a sacred offering, as you do with the first grain from the threshing floor'."
Numbers 15:17-20 NLT
The Lord has put this scripture in front of me day after day for someone. Maybe it's you who needs to hear this:
1. WHEN. Do not take that word lightly. The Lord is telling you what to do WHEN you arrive. It is not an if. It may not appear like you are arriving. It may appear the complete opposite of what the Lord is declaring, but our faith is not our sight. In fact, many times our faith is in what is opposite from our sight. Receive the confirmation that it is indeed a "WHEN you arrive" not an "if you arrive".
2. "I Am taking you". I Am is taking you. You are not taking God. Have a heart like Moses that says "if you will not go with me, I will not go!". It is impossible to drive a car when you don't know the destination. Similarly, it is impossible to drive a life, movement, or ministry if you are going WHERE I AM IS TAKING YOU. Let go of the need to drive. You'll find in your rest you accomplish more than in your driving.
3. "Eat the crops that grow THERE". You may be looking at your situation or your future path thinking "I don't have what I will need for what God is calling me to". Great news! You don't need to bring provision with you. Provision is THERE! If you're looking for provision in order to go, you're doing it backwards. Provision comes when you go! It is already there! Walk into it.
4. "Set some aside as a sacred offering". What piece of what you're hoping for is going to be dedicated to God or building His kingdom? There is something powerful when we shift our focus from "how will I do this?" To "what will I do for God when I receive this?"
5. "Present a cake...from the threshing floor". Many have felt like they're on the threshing floor. Getting pounded by circumstances or spiritual stretching or shaping. It's not a fun place. Or is it? God commands CAKE from the threshing floor wheat. Whatever is squeezing you, causing you to stretch, causing you to be shaped or pruned...is going to become a heavenly party. It's going to be your source of joy. Turn the pruning into joy BECAUSE you know what is being made with it. Threshing is a joy when you know the flour from it will make a cake. Have the HOPE that your threshing is making something sweet and filling and full of joy and celebration!